Workplace Injury Reporting Requirements for Employers (OSHA)
Employers' requirements for reporting workplace injuries to OSHA.
All employers must report:
- All work-related fatalities within 8 hours.
Within 24 hours, all work-related:
- Inpatient hospitalizations, includes overnight hospitalized treatments.
- Amputations, includes loss of a limb or other external body part. This includes fingertip amputations with or without bone loss.
- Losses of an eye.
How to report an accident:
- Call the Office of the Environmental Health and Safety at 355-0153.
- Call MSU Police 355-2222 after normal business hours.