Physically Intensive Job
Physical demands testing is required for any employee (except students) in a physically intensive job BEFORE the employee may begin work.
- Supervisor must complete the PHYSICAL DEMANDS SECTION of the Exposure to Health Risks Form indicating the physical demands of the job.
- Fax a copy of the completed form and a brief description of the job or posting text to Occupational Health at 355-0332.
- Schedule the pre-placement physical demands testing by calling Occupational Health at 353-9137.
- The supervisor will be notified by fax of any restrictions by Occupational Health.
- If an employee is physically incapable in any essential function, the supervisor should review the restriction to see if a reasonable accommodation can be made. The supervisor should call Staffing Services in Human Resources at 353-3720 for assistance with this review. If it is determined the candidate cannot perform the essential functions of the job with an accommodation, the job offer should be withdrawn.